Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Kids...

Children's Church was suppose to happen last Sunday, but due to some miscommunication, many didn't know that it will resume only in January 2009.

Thank God I had done the Part 1 of the main lesson last week and I also had a rough idea on the Part 2.

At the beginning, I sat at the main hall to listen to the sermon, then my fellow teacher told me that there was no Children's Church. I rushed to my Sunday School class and there were 13 children altogether.

Teachers from other classes were also caught in the sudden surprise and were thinking what to do as most did not prepare for the lesson.

However, slowly all children went into their respective classes, some were still wondering around.

In my class, I was wondering how to occupy them. I took out the activity sheet and asked them to cut some pictures so that we can play picture bingo.

We had a nice time playing the game. The children were cooperative and they seem to enjoy it very much. It's easy when the children listen to the teacher and give their attention (except for some who found that their comic book is more interesting).

When it was almost time to dismiss, I asked them if they would like to play another round. Some shouted yes and some screamed no..

One of the children who sat in front suggested to me, "Teacher Wei Li, why don't we vote like in the election where people can vote for Hannah Yeoh, DAP, BN, PKR.." Wow..I was impressed. The children in my class are aged between 7 to 8 only...

I listen to her suggestion and only 2 were interested to play while the rest either didn't respond or didn't want to play anymore.

Earlier, when the class has just started, I asked if there is any volunteer who would like to do the opening prayer before the class and one boy said he can do it... "Lord Jesus, please cleanse the food that we are going to eat...."

Children are just so cute. Sometimes they are naughty, but it's actually very fun to teach them although I do suffer from a mild sore throat after lessons.

Looking forward to more lessons with the children, provided that they will listen to me and I have my helper back with me =P


WL

No comments: