Friday, November 21, 2008

GoodYear F1 GSD3 Tires



Tires are one of the most important items on a vehicle , cause it is the only surface that makes contact with ground (tarmac). Without a good set of tires, the vehicle won't respond as you want it to respond, especially during emergency times.

After some surveying, I found that the GoodYear (GD) GSD3 F1 tires are one of the best around. They are fairly good on dry, but it beats all competitors on wet. You can check out the test done by tirerack here.

But anyway, since price of tires are going up and these are the last of the "made in Germany" F1 tires I found for my size, I decided to buy them to keep for a few months. The proper way to store them is found in this wonderful article. What I did was to keep them in my house, and wrap them using plastic wrappers (available in normal hardware store, ACE, or Home-Fix). You can see the before and after pictures.

After wrapping...
Before Wrapping...

No comments: