Thursday, December 11, 2008

Wei Li's solo adventure to Glasgow - Part 2: Howzitgaun?

It's good to finally be in Glasgow after a long journey. The weather was cool...no, it was COLD...

The first thing to do is to get to my accommocation and park my luggage there. My sister and I went to the bus stop. Since we will be spending about 1 week here, we bought a weekly bus ticket that costs £13.50 per person for unlimited rides (for a week, of course).

The bus conductor said something to us, and I didn't managed to grasp what he said. Before I even replied "I beg your pardon", my sister already replied. Wow! She can understand the Glaswegian English accent?

We arrived at the Buchanan's Bus Station and being lazy to walk and wanted to maximize the bus ticket's worth we decided to take another bus that will take us right to our accomodation.

It was weird, after a while in the bus, we felt that we were on the way back to the airport again. My sister suggested that we get off the bus, wherever we may be and just to take the taxi to the hostel.

But when we alighted from the bus, my sister saw a familiar landmark..and thank God it was no too far away from where we were.



We saw Jury's Inn from far, and the place we stayed is Euro Hostel. This is a very practical place to stay for travellers. It's cheap, has a clean bathroom, comfy double decker beds (sharing with my sister) and pay TV.



Sorry for the unclear picture. It was taken with my handy camera phone at night in the hostel room. As you may have guessed it, the room is dimly lighted.

So, about the TV.. You need to put in £1 in the TV coin box compartment and your TV will turn on for 15 hours. If you decided to turn it off after 3 hours of TV time, then be prepared to say bye bye to the remaining 12 hours as well. There is no CNN, no Discovery Channel, etc, etc. It's purely 5 UK local channels and most of the programs does not interest me.

There is no need for an air cond, not a fan in our room. It was almost winter time in November 2008, so it does not really matter. There is heater in the room, but the heater is not strong enough..cannot control it either..But I am the kind of person who rather feel cold than to be hot =)

There is no fridge in the rooms, but residents are allowed to use the common fridge in the pantry. Yeah, there is a common pantry and hostellites are allowed to cook their own meal if they wish.



This is the common dining room and the pantry is not visible in this photo.

Oh, we did buy some of our own food stuff and we depended on the outside air temperature to "preserve" our food.



My favourite pure premium orange juice, some brussel sprout at the background...they didn't go bad at all!

So, this is so much for the place where I stayed with my sister. It's cheap, provides all the basic needs and is located at a strategic place. After all, visitors would spend most of their time outdoors and will only come back to clean up and sleep, yeah?

WL

No comments: